Photo by Humphrey Muleba on Unsplash
- Try to take over the world every day. Not the whole world, just your world. Self-mastery is the way home.
- Everything will happen to you. Be grateful that it does not happen all at once.
- Just because you survived does not mean you were not hurt. Dedicate time to metabolizing or forgetting trauma.
- Forgive people as quickly as possible or it will be like the pot you keep soaking that never quite comes sparkling clean because you skipped that initial hard scrub.
- Most of the time I thought I had a problem, I just needed to move, hydrate, or laugh.
- Rest is a verb. Weighted blankets, feet up the wall or a nap are all worthwhile pursuits.
- Boundaries, big and small, keep you righteous. It is also okay to have a boundary with yourself.
- Distraction is a self-destructing weapon and sometimes fear on hallucinogens. Just do the thing you are supposed to do, especially when it is invisible to everyone else.
- Some doors were meant to stay closed and bolted.
- Playing is as essential as eating. If you never abandon the child in you, she will never abandon you.
- Daydreaming is an acceptable form of therapy, entertainment, and self-care.
- Declutter and tidy up regularly because austere, serene spaces offer beauty and comfort.
- Aging is not for wimps. It will go easier if you prioritize health and fitness while collaborating with reality.
- The heart is bamboo; it bends wildly under pressures, but does not break.
- Living an inspired life involves sticks and stones. Build something out of the wreckage and bow at its altar.
- Do not try to fix what you did not break or change what you did not make.
- As an exceptional form of time and mood management, only do what is yours to do.
- Be charitable, but do not over-give. Others need something to strive for too.
- Never stop coloring or doodling. In a pinch, it also doubles as meditation.
- On trying days, be quiet, sip tea and broth, rest. Sometimes you just must let difficult moments pass in the gentlest way possible.
- Laugh, laugh, laugh.
- If you tilt your head ever so slightly, you can often see a rainbow in a storm.
Love, light, and Happy New Year,
Happy New Year Nsahmi! 3️⃣1️⃣🕛1️⃣
Happy New Year, Cindy!
Wise words! 💜
Thanks, Eliza and Happy New Year!
Thank you, Nailah!
All sound advice! How do you have a boundary with yourself?
Like when I tell myself I’m not going to do a certain thing – like engage in workplace gossip or maligning others.