With the most recent rare storm watch here in the NW, I added a tube of ruby-red lipstick to my emergency kit. Not just any red either, but the enchantress kind that mesmerizes so much people can’t take their eyes off your lips.
It was frivolous and silly, but after gathering all of the sensible supplies I had on hand:
- Trail mix and gluten-free meal-replacement bars
- LED flashlights & lanterns
- Heated travel blanket with car adapter
- Coleman stove & propane tanks
- Hand-crank flashlight/radio/cell-phone charger
I felt ready for the Pacific Ocean typhoon-generated storm that never came. As an afterthought, I decided that if something really bad did go down, I also wanted to be able to pick my mood up a bit and ruby-red lipstick never fails. Even if it had to be applied by flashlight.